Knowledge Identifier: $Best_Actor_Award_(Cannes_Film_Festival)
Award presented at the Cannes Film Festival
Category: Movies & TV (100)
Launched in 1951.
Countries: United States (29%), France (19%), Italy (14%)
Main connections: Actor, Cannes Film Festival, Bernardo Bertolucci
This timeline needs to be reviewed and corrected, as it has been automatically generated from multiple web sources. Please help improve it by adding dated informations, images and videos about Best Actor Award (Cannes Film Festival).
- At the end of 1958, the National Board of Review named Tracy the year's Best Actor.
- In 1963, Richardson won the Best Actor Award at the Cannes Film Festival for Long Day's Journey into Night.
- Rey won Best Actor *award at 1977 Cannes Film Festival by his performance in "Elisa, vida mía"
- Cannes Film Festival - In 1981 he won the Best Male Actor *award at the Cannes Film Festival for "La tragedia di un uomo ridicolo", directed by Bernardo Bertolucci
Gian Maria Volonte
- In 1983 he won the award for Best Actor at the 1983 Cannes Film Festival for "La Mort de Mario Ricci"
Tommy Lee Jones
- In 1983, he received an Emmy for Best Actor for his performance as murderer Gary Gilmore in a TV adaptation of Norman Mailer's "The Executioner's Song"
- Cannes Film Festival - Landa, together with Francisco Rabal, won Best Actor *award at 1984 Cannes Film Festival by his memorable performance in "Los santos inocentes"
- He shared the *award for Best Actor for his role in "Days of Glory" at the 2006 Cannes Film Festival
- He shared the *award for "Best Actor" for his role in the film "Days of Glory" at the 2006 Cannes Film Festival
- He won the Satellite *award for Best Actor in a Series, Comedy or Musical for "Boston Legal" in 2006
- His performance earned him the 2007 Academy *award for Best Actor in a Leading Role, making him the fourth African-American actor in history to do so, joining the ranks of Sidney Poitier, Denzel Washington, and Jamie Foxx
- Best Actor Award - Waltz won the Best Actor Award at the 2009 Cannes Film Festival for his performance
- At the 2009 BAFTAs, Mickey Rourke dedicated his Best Actor *award to Harris, calling him a "good friend, and great actor