Knowledge Identifier: $Best_Actress_Award_(Cannes_Film_Festival)
Award presented at the Cannes Film Festival
Category: Movies & TV
Launched in 1950.
Countries: France (61%), Italy (11%), Brazil (11%)
Main connections: Cannes Film Festival, Bette Davis, Isabelle Adjani
This timeline needs to be reviewed and corrected, as it has been automatically generated from multiple web sources. Please help improve it by adding dated informations, images and videos about Best Actress Award (Cannes Film Festival).
- Cannes Film Festival - In 1957, she won the Best Actress *award at the Cannes Film Festival for her portrayal of the title role in Fellini's "Nights of Cabiria"
- In 1972, she won the Best Actress *award at the Cannes Film Festival for her role in "Images"
- She won the *award for Best Actress at the 1976 Cannes Film Festival for her role in the film "The Inheritance"
- Only nineteen when she made the film, she was nominated for the Best Actress Oscar and offers for roles in Hollywood films, such as Walter Hill's 1978 crime thriller "The Driver"
From 1979 to 1981 the festival awarded a Best Supporting Actress prize, which is included below
Isabelle Adjani is the only actress to ever win the award for two films in one festival, which she did in 1981
- Cannes Film Festival - Adjani was given a double Cannes Film Festival Best Actress *award in 1981 and a Berlin Film Festival Best Actress *award in 1989
- In May 1986, she received the Best Actress Award at Cannes Festival for Eu Sei Que Vou Te Amar at the age of 20 years old
Barbara Hershey won the award consecutively in 1987 and 1988
- Bouchez is best known for her César Award's Most Promising Actress winning film Wild Reeds by André Téchiné, and the Best Actress Award for the film "La Vie rêvée des anges" at the 1998 Cannes Film Festival
- She was *awarded the European Film *award for Best Actress for the film in 2004
- In 2007, with Salles, she directed "Linha de Passe", the film which gave Sandra Corveloni a Best Actress Award at the Cannes Film Festival
- Her work in "The Artist" received a nomination for the 2011 Academy *award for Best Supporting Actress and won her the César *award for Best Actress